Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I bought a acre of land with a house on it 21 yrs ago, i…

Customer Question
I bought a acre...

I bought a acre of land with a house on it 21 yrs ago, i tore it down and built a new house, garage, shed ect. i was going to get refinanced so lower interest and the bank did appraisal and they said my house isnt on my property. there is a acre of land next to me that my niebor farms, they say i own the acre beside the one i live one, what to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I went to courthouse to check deed they said i owner property beside me also, no i havent done anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the land located?

Anamosa, ia

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/26/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

This sounds like an adverse possession claim that you may have. Are you saying that you have been using the land that you put the house upon for at least 21 years?