Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Our Daughter is living in a house that we own. She is a drug…

Customer Question
Our Daughter is living...

Our Daughter is living in a house that we own. She is a drug addict. She quit paying rent two years ago. She is trashing the house, and has alienated all the neighbors. We need to sell the house. It will have to be "as is". She refuses to move, or even answer the door. we need to evict her. We will need police help to get her out of there. We'd like discussion with a lawyer for direction.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No we have not. We downloaded "eviction forms" on line, but haven't acted yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

The house is in Highlands Ranch, 10046 White Oak Place, Douglas Cty

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There was a verbal "rent to own" agreement with her, but of course she hasn't paid for 2 years.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 3 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this particularly in regards ***** ***** daughter;

what state is this in please?