Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I wish to sell my home at a greatly reduced price to my

Customer Question
daughter. It is paid off...
I wish to sell my home at a greatly reduced price to my daughter. It is paid off. Would I need to have any real estate agent's involvement at all (I think not) or would it be advisable for us to EACH have a real estate attorney to represent our individual interests and to make sure the transfer / sale is totally legal? She will be getting a loan. We live in Alachua County, FLORIDA.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/26/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Here you can do all of this through local title company.They can do a sales agreement with terms and then closing once the loan comes through.The title company will have lawyers, they work with lenders and can get her a title policy, lender will require that.

You really don't need separate lawyers, realtors, etc the title company can do all of this.

Alachua Title Services, LLC  

4.73 Google reviews

Title company in Alachua, Florida

Address: 0001, 16407 NW 174 Dr, Alachua, FL 32615

Hours:

Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Phone: (386)(###) ###-####/a>

Their web site

http://www.alachuatitleservices.com/

You could agree to split closing costs or something different .

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray - Superb advise an much appreciated. We will definitely be going in your recommended direction and will keep you in mind as well. Thanks for the quick response. Bill

Bill good luck here with all.Thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.