Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My home was in foreclosure, but I worked with the mortgage…

My home was in foreclosure...
My home was in foreclosure, but I worked with the mortgage company’s attorneys and I received documentation with reinstatement figures.
I also received directions on how to pay and where to send the funds.
The funds were sent to the mortgage company’s law firm and once they received my bank check my foreclosure was stopped.
I also went to my county courthouse where I met with my mortgage company’s attorney because they were going to try to reevaluate my total mortgage amount owed in front of a judge.
I showed up to the court hearing and the mortgage company’s attorney said he wasn’t going to make the motion because my mortgage was reinstated.
This all took place within the last 2 weeks.In addition, it took over a month to get figures from the mortgage company.
They kept denying my request to give me an amount owed figure.After a month I got the quote and sent the funds. The foreclosure was stopped.Now all of a sudden they sent my check back stating that I didn’t send enough money and they are claiming I owe 10 thousand dollars more even though my funds and the documentation came right from their attorneys.Can they legally do this?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Michael Bradley

potentially they can do this but would have to explain themselves

it sounds like everything was going well until right at the end

I would contact that attorney and ask for a detail accounting to see how it was 10,000 short when you paid the amount they requested

please do this today so that the foreclosure does not get reinstated

Michael Bradley
I will do that; however, it seems as though they can just do what they want and it doesn’t sound correct.
First of all it should not have taken over a month to get a number to reinstate to begin with.
Is there an agency that can hold them accountable for their actions?
Can you call me this afternoon?
Is that possible?
Phone call session started

https://hudgov.prod.parature.com/link/portal/57345/57355/Article/3248/How-do-I-file-a-complaint-or-report-possible-fraud-against-a-HUD-FHA-approved-lender

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/can-complaints-filed-against-mortgage-companies-2918.html

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/submit-a-complaint/consumer-complaint/

https://www.usa.gov/complaints-lender

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/