Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a licensed realtor in Palm Beach County and hang my…

I am a licensed...

I am a licensed realtor in Palm Beach County and hang my license there. I bought a property in Lake County, Florida and would like to sell it. My question - is it ethical to list my Lake County property with a realtor in Lake County or must I list with my office in Palm Beach County?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No. I have not done any paper work as yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this?

No. I have not.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. That's it.

3/26/2018
Richard, Lawyer

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. There is no ethical issue with listhing your home in another county with a realtor located in that county. Unless you signed some specific contractual agreement with your Palm Beach County office, you would not be legally requred to list your house with your Palm Beach office and there would be absolutely no impediment to you engaging a realtor with another company to list your property in Lake County...i.e, no legal nor ethical concerns with that at all.

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away for a few minutes while I take my puppy out for the morning. Should you have a follow up while I’m away, I will address it immediately upon my return. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Richard, Lawyer

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Thank you for the information and the quick reply.

You're very welcome! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.