Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What are my rights to enforce a unit owners to pay a lease…

Customer Question
What are my rights...

What are my rights to enforce a unit owners to pay a lease amount to the condo association for using the common area even though they have been encroaching for 10 years? We didn't want any disputes but now we are selling our unit. Will the new owner be able to make the unit owner cease and desease the land that's shared by common area ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No nothing yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the condo located?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, can the unit owner proceed with a lawsuit regarding land contamination without the approval of the other unit owners?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/27/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I already paid for the question. Would I receive a refund?
Real Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
I'm not quite sure what you're asking so if you could please elaborate I'd be happy to assist.

Are you asking if you can make another unit's owner pay something to the condo association b/c if you are that would be a right - to enforce or not - of the condo association itself.

No worries, I like to request for a reimbursement. Thanks so much