Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Our home mortgage is in my name. How do I place my wife on…

Customer Question
Our home mortgage is...

Our home mortgage is in my name. How do I place my wife on our deed?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Marietta, GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want my wife's name on the deed.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/25/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Here you do quitclaim from you as grantor to you and wife as grantees.This gives her and you tenants in common.You both have a half undivided interest .

Forms

https://www.cobbsuperiorcourtclerk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Approved-Quit-Claim-Deed-e.pdf

Complete it and file it with the county deed records.Thats all there is to it here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.