Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We are concerned that our corporate funds are in the names…

We are concerned that our...
We are concerned that our corporate funds are in the names of 2 family members. How can we protect the funds? We are located in California.
1)Would an injunction work?
2) approximate cost
3/24/2018
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.Not sure why corporate funds are in the names of family members or what, specifically, you mean by that. Please provide some additional information so that I can fully understand the situation and provide a meaningful response. Thank you.Attorney 1
They are family members of the church Corporation. One is Treasurer. They have taken control of the corporation without a vote after the church property was sold. We are meeting in a temporary warehouse they decided upon. The majority of members are family. The majority of officers on the Board are related.We want to secure the funds until we can force a vote under a mandamus.. is a cease and desist order the process or an injunction?
Thank you for the additional information. A cease-and-desist letter has no legal significance beyond a threat of future proceedings, But is a good idea if you want and want to show a future court that you did your best to resolve the matter without litigation. A cease and desist order would not be appropriate here, but an injunction would prevent destructive actions and have the same effect. A lawsuit for an injunction should request a preliminary injunction to stop action while the full matter is pending. You will need to plead that irreparable harm will occur without a preliminary injunction.The best course of action would be to have a local attorney prepare the documents for you, if not fully represent you in court. A good referral source will be your county bar association.I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I will continue to provide assistance. If I have answered your question, please remember to leave a positive rating where indicated. Five star ratings are especially appreciated.Good luck!Best,
Attorney 1
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney