Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If a privilege log is given concerning a document provided…

If a privilege log is...
If a privilege log is given concerning a document provided in initial disclosures (not on the record yet), first, does the privilege log have to be filed, and second, if I want to challenge the privilege, do I file a motion to compel and then provide a copy of the document and the privilege log or what is the appropriate procedure?
3/24/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
It is retained and exchanged with opposing counsel. It is not filed.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks
the privilege log is not filed? If I want to challenge it, do I first confer like a regular motion, then file a motion to compel? If yes to the the last question, do I need to file both the document and the privilege log with the court? (the document is a business record that is over 200 pages long)
Correct. You confer and file a motion to compel as needed.
The court would receive the log and document at issue.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
thanks
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer