Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a developer and have sold 24 of 31 lots. What is

I am a developer...

I am a developer and have sold 24 of 31 lots. What is involved in turning over control & financial to a yet to be formed hoa in ky I'm a slow typer

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

None. Just wanting to know what steps are involved

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a KY lawyer about this?

Not yet but i'll be glad to if too involved

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just general info ... have had some pond drainage issues that we've tried to fix and have worked short term. What is our responsibility

Answered in 1 day by:
3/25/2018
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I'm okay waiting
Lori
Lori, Lawyer
Hello. Let me see if I can assist. Have you prepared and recorded the Declaration of covenants, conditions and Restrictions (CCR) for the entire property? It should contain all the covenants and restrictions for the property use, common areas and turn over from the developer to the Association. The turnover is usually done after the sale of the last Lot and absolves the developer of liability once there is a full turnover to the Association (including the pond drainage issues).
Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.
Lori
Lori, Lawyer