Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need someone to assist with land patent transfer, no

Customer Question
I need someone to...

I need someone to assist with land patent transfer

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No paperwork filed. i have my title and have printed off the patents addressed in my title. in addition i have a lease with oil and gas the expires aug 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the land located?

Hayden, Co

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

70 acres

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/25/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I need assistance. In addition to what I have indicated they r trying to tell me I cannot have my new camper on my property without a camping permit.
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Who is telling you that your camper cannot be on the land?

The HOA that is next to my agricultural USDA registered land is saying i must have a camping permit. I called the Routte County building department and they said i have 60 days in which i don't have to have a permit. Then i can get a 180 day permit. Has to be temporary use only and cannot live in it full time. After 180 days i have to move it and cannot move it back for 180 days. Can get 1 year permit if actively building a home. Also said i cannot store it on my land as is considered outdoor storage. If i build a home or tiny home and park it next to it that is ok, but i cannot use camper as living area. I am listed as manager of the land per the USDA papers I filed. I rent out a portion for hay production. I am going to claim the camper on my taxes as well as the land. I spoke with the person I purchased the land from and he said would help in anyway can. Will sign what ever i need them to to transfer the patents. I am just not sure what i have is sufficient to stop the HOA. The building department will no bother me unless a complaint if filed. I am not in view of any homes and the camper is on my land as is within the survey markers. I did park it 15 feet from the center line that is to be an easement, but I am not sure the easement still exists which would help me. I have been to the BLM and they can see the list of documents filed which include the patents but said they must be filed with the county as she could not pull them up. I bought this land to enjoy and now they want to rip it from me.

I am going offline for the evening. I will opt out for another Attorney to assist you. Thank you for using JA!