Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I would like to know how to put my property - land, into a…

Customer Question
Hi. I would like...

Hi. I would like to know how to put my property - land, into a family trust in montana. Then should I put it into an LLC as I plan on renting the land out.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I own the land outright. I have liability insurance and Ive read so much on the internet that I am totally confused.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MT lawyer about this?

No not yet. i live in washington state so i need to find one iguess

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will also be purchasing another lot which will have a mobile home lot. i do not own the mobile home i will only be renting the lot space to them

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/23/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

If your goal is to protect the real property from creditors you would place the real property into an irrevocable trust. An LLC provides less protection. What is your goal?

Make sure my family inherit properties. Protection from liabilities. Especially since a portion of land has rental mobile home on lt. legally rent a portion of property to my husband for his business

You want an irrevocable trust as that provides the best protection. Where in Montana are the properties located so I can provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in the area. They can go over the different type of trusts as well as their protections.

Dillon Montana area

Perfect. Please give me a few moments to put information together for you. Thank you so much for your patience.

I am finding a couple of Attorneys that provide FREE consultations http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/trusts/dillon/montana

I will be providing additional information for you.

This is a general overview on asset protection and the medicaid benefits of an irrevocable trust http://montanaestatelawyer.com/global_pictures/ElderCounselor_Volume_3__Issue_4.pdf

The State Bar Association can refer reputable Attorneys in your area at http://www.montanabar.org/?page=AttorneyLRISInfo

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me.

The Attorneys do not receive credit for our work if the customer does not rate our service positively. Thank you for your consideration.

Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Are you still online with me?