Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can listing agents let hired service people into a home

Can listing agents let...

Can listing agents let hired service people into a home without supervision?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

In speaking with the broker manager they said that the seller can let anyone in they want? They won't answer the question I just asked you? They keep wanting me to drop out of the deal. Paperwork? Such as legal. I have an accepted contract. I have a buyers agent contract with the realtor who let them in but he isn't concerned with my damages or interests.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Grand Junction Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My realtor modified my contract to exclude personal property after all this occurred.

When we met the realtor to do the inspection the lockbox was unlocked.
3/23/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Doing so would be a problem. Client would not likely consent. Second if the person steals or causes harm the agent is liable.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
The agent has a brokerage attorney. Can I assume they work for him alone and not for me as the consumer and client?
Correct.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer