Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

Deed transfer after death of parent

deed transfer after death of parent

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Did your parent leave a will? Was anyone else on the title/deed to the real property?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My Father had no will and his name was the only one on the property

Thank you for the clarification. This means that he died intestate (without a will). Where in Colorado did he reside at the time of his passing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Windsor, Colorado 80550

You would want to file to become the personal representative of his estate as that is the only way to transfer real property. This link sets out who is entitled to estate assets of a person that dies without a will. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/intestate-succession-colorado.html

I can provide with a link to file with the court. I can also provide a link for Attorneys in that area that can assist that provide FREE consultations if that would be helpful.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you very much for your assistance

I have more for you.

Free consultation Attorneys http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/probate-estate-administration/windsor/colorado

I will also provide a sample of the deed you would use. One moment please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you again so very much. This has been a bit of a nightmare and this info def helps

I am so happy that I could help. I am very sorry for your loss.