Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What is the statute of limitations on a real estate

Customer Question
What is the statute...

What is the statute of limitations on a real estate transaction that is based on an earlier created FORGED Deed.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

I have filed a Complaint

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

FLorida

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/23/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

How long ago was it discovered that the deed was forged?

The Quit Claim Deed was forged on August 31, 2012 and the property in question was sold to a Third Party in March 2014 THE ENTIRE DISCOVERY was discovered on AUGUST 9-2016
I just signed up for the FREE TRIAL but the question has not been answered

Hold, please. Developing answer....

OK I'm holding
I don't wish to "CALL" it's a simple question my understanding is that there is no statute of limitations when there is a FORGED DEED for Real Property however, I have filed a Complaint and opposing Counsel claims that the Deed is in fact forged however because the case was filed 9-2107 the statute of limitations has passed.

I was researching the statute that may be applicable ...

95.14 Real property actions; limitation upon action founded upon title.—No cause of action or defense to an action founded on the title to real property, or to rents or service from it, shall be maintained unless:
(1) The person prosecuting the action or making the defense, or under whose title the action is prosecuted or the defense is made, or the ancestor, predecessor, or grantor of the person, was seized or possessed of the real property within 7 years before commencement of the action; or
(2) Title to the real property was derived from the United States or the state within 7 years before commencement of the action. The time under this subsection shall not begin to run until the conveyance of the title from the state or the United States.

Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

I am a different Attorney and the site asked me to see if you still needed assistance. Please let know, it would be my pleasure to assist you.