Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

A neighbour has extended their property without planning…

Customer Question
Hello, a neighbour has...

Hello, a neighbour has extended their property without planning permission and attached themselves to our wall. They have said they haven't drilled into our wall, but they have used glue for the ceiling. We asked them not to do this but they have ignored us. What steps should we take to get them to remove their new ceiling?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No, I was advised to issue an injunction which I can look into on Monday, but I have no idea what the right thing to do is

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Isleworth

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that they built the extension which doubled their downstairs area in size without planning permission. They have applied for retrospective planning permission, but have commenced the work without this coming through. Many thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/23/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Is this a Homeowner's Association or a Condominium Association or any type of Association? When you say planning permission, to whom are you referring would give the permission? The municipality or a board of an association? And, did you notify either of them of the work being done by your neighbor?

Hi Damien, my query is for UK law advice as the website had advertised, can this be redirected to a UK qualified solicitor?