Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My mom prior to her passing put her house in trust with all…

My mom prior to...

My mom prior to her passing put her house in trust with all our names on it. There is an offer to buy the house. However I’ve been advised I have to sign a form to dissolve the trust before it’s can be sold. Why ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I was told there’s a form letter called conveyance direction

The form is called Direction to convey
3/23/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

The direction to convey indicates that all beneficiaries of the trust consent to the sale. The buyer will want that to ensure that none of the beneficiaries will object to the sale, and that the buyer can go through with the sale. It gives the buyer assurance that the deal will close and that the buyer is not wasting her time in negotiations.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate five stars ***** and by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
The quick response and answer I received from the expert certainly alleviated the concern and doubt I had previously. Just Answer .com exceeded my expectations and was worth the cost.