Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own a 1/5 share of a shared well and equipment for which a…

Customer Question
I own a 1/5...

I own a 1/5 share of a shared well and equipment for which a legal document exists. The well and equipment are located on the corner of a neighbors property in the center of a 100" radius easement. Our road easement exits on the two sides abutted by the well. The two easements overlap so it would be possible to reach the well and equipment without trespassing on the neighbors property. The owner of the property has a fence on the two sides between the well location and road. He has posted a NO TRESPASS sign on the fence and the pump house. What are my rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No. Have only documented the situation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

His or mine?

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/23/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 29 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having trouble understanding your question.

Is the No Trespassing Sign interfering with your easement?

Kindly clarify.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
A sign was placed on the fence and on the pump house. This is really an issue that involves two property owners. The first is the property on which the well is located. The second is enforcement of the Water Rights Amendment with the current well administrator who refuses to relinquish that position in spite three of the five shares wishing him to do so. It appears that the amendment may not have been recorded!
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 28 days ago

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,

Tina, Lawyer