Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I signed a contract with a property management group to rent…

I signed a contract...

I signed a contract with a property management group to rent my property in The Villages. I have not received any monies from them since November

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No paperwork. Numerous phone calls and emails and messages and texts. Only response was email and occasionally text with promises they were going to make deposits and never did.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

I live in Ny This property was just for rentals. Didn’t know if I need NY or FL lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I got a foreclosure notice that I had to cure myself with legal fees added on. I couldn’t make the mortgage payments because VIR management hasn’t paid me my rent

3/22/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Can you tell me of your contract sets out the law that governs the contract? If you could attach the contract that would be really helpful.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you have a fax number

I can provide the number for customer service for the site to assist you.

Call Customer Care

Please have your Order ID available when calling Customer Care

US / Canada 1-***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Governing law venue state of Florida Marion county

You will want an Attorney in that county to assist you. I can provide a link for Attorneys in the area that provide FREE consultations. The Management Company is also regulated by the State. Please give me a few moments to provide a link to contact the State. Ignore the telephone call request. We can continue in this format.

Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in the area http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/contracts/marion-county/florida

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I file the complaint first or contact a lawyer

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me. It would my pleasure to continue to assist you.

"Should I file the complaint first or contact a lawyer"

I am seriously appalled by the management company and feel the sooner a complaint is filed this could potentially protect someone else from being in the position you are in.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looking on review sites, they have many complaints

Let me provide a link for the State Bar Association to refer Attorneys to your as well, One moment please.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney