Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in a condo complex and the owners do not follow the…

Customer Question
I live in a...

I live in a condo complex and the owners do not follow the rules and regulations. I am going to a meeting and running for Trustee and need to know what i can say to all the owners at the meeting pertaining breaking the rules

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Yes I have sent pictures of violation parking for owners are renting parking spots which they cannot do and parking commercial vehicles. I have sent all the rules broken along with pictures to the property manager.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the condo located?

Reading Ma

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know how to address this at the owners meeting

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/23/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

You can raise all of these issues in a owners meeting, because you have solid documentation to bring it up. However, i would be careful how you raise it because you may turn away owners who would otherwise vote for you as Trustee, but for your singling them out for breaking the rules. You should not single out any owner, or show such pictures, because you will lose voters. Rather, you want to run a campaign based on making the complex a better place to live for all and that may mean cracking down on individuals who infringe on other people's rights, but don't single anybody out b ecause those people won't vote for you.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

I am sorry I wanted to ask how do I represent my self running for trustee. Can you please give me an example why I want to be a trustee. Thank you!
I would without a doubt give you 5 stars and tell the other brokers and others about your service
Can you please give me an example what I should write down why I want to be a Trustee for I do not want to burn any bridges.
But i need to get to the point why i am running. Thank you
I would like an example to write down why i want to be a trustee regarding things not being address and the owners are not abiding to the rules and regulations
no
Can you please answer my last question.
Lauretta***@******.***