Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm having difficulty in understanding responsibility for…

Customer Question
I'm having difficulty in...

I'm having difficulty in understanding responsibility for roof under HOA Articles. Sections seem to contradict.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No I am a home buyer - slated to close April 2nd. I was reviewing in detail the bylaws and am unclear under which circumstances the HOA is responsible for roof repair and replacement. Section 1 - Owners are responsible for maintenance, repairing, and replacing the roof system over the dwellings with exception of roof shingles...". Section 2 - HOA "in the event of an insurable loss..." Section 5 - HOA when "at end of useful life... at discretion of the Board of Directors..."

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Palm Harbor, FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, however, I just stumbled upon this site. Is this site free?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/22/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer
I am a licensed Florida attorney with over 25 years experience. The site is not free. There is a five dollar charge initially and then a $40 charge if you accept the responses. Do you wish to proceed?