Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Does a grant deed need need to be recorded upon

Does a grant deed...

Does a grant deed need need to be recorded upon notarization?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

The grant deed has been notarized and recorded at our bank. Does it need to be recorded at the county clerks office also?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Wilson County, TN

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Would a quit claim deed be better?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

A deed must be notarized to be recorded and it must be recorded to give notice to the public and have priority over any subsequently recorded liens or other filings or encumbrances.

It is recorded in the office of the county recorder for the county where the property is located.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Are you still online with me?

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My question was answered favorably. Thank you.

You are very welcome. Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Lawyer