Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If a property estate have not been probated and it is will…

Customer Question
If a property estate...

If a property estate have not been probated and it is will to 3 people and one of the 3 people did quick deed to someone else with out buying out the other 2 people on the will or buying the property from Medicaid because Medicaid stated that the property can be bought back from the Medicaid office in MS for $19;000. The person did a quick deed and her lawyer knew that the property has to be divided by 3 people and Medicaid is involved because have not been paid, and it was not probated yet but he quick deeded anyway. They changed the name for the original dead owner to the person on the quick deed last year. Is this legal and what can be done to lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Has she talked to a MS lawyer about this?

I haven't spoken with my lawyer yet but I did leave a message for him to call me. But her lawyer that done it is from Tupelo, MS

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken so far?

I will know more when I get to speak with my lawyer because her lawyer did the quick deed

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/22/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

So to be clear, one heir quitclaimed the property - all of it- to a third party not related to the decedent?