Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In the state of California, is a spouse unable to purchase…

In the state of California...
In the state of California, is a spouse unable to purchase property without the other spouse on title, or signing off title?
3/22/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Thats correct, California is a community property state.There would need to be a disclaimer or quit claim singed by the other spouse in order for this to close.Otherwise they have a community property interest under California law even if they aren't on the title.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer