Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My tenant has asked the court to escrow her monthly rent.

My tenant has asked...

My tenant has asked the court to escrow her monthly rent. She submitted to the court a "generic" list of dozens of items to be fixed, including painting the house and other items. She examined the house before she rented it. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your tenant taken so far? Has she prepared or filed any paperwork?

Yes she has filed a case which I am the plaintiff and she the defendant

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

In Dayton ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has escrowed 3 separate month's rent

3/22/2018
Lori
Lori, Lawyer
I recommend a motion filed with the court for disbursement of escrow funds to you to cover the rental amount under the lease. You are entitled to payment of rent for the tenant to stay on the property.
Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my responses and post a positive rating.
Lori
Lori, Lawyer