Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is it illegal for a real estate agency to post my address on…

Customer Question
Is it illegal for...

Is it illegal for a real estate agency to post my address on their website when my property is not for sale?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In baker, Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have spoken with the agency and the agent and asked to have my address removed.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/23/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Continue
Real Estate Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you.

This is going to be a privacy issue and possibly a civil action for intrusion upon seclusion.

Because you have spoken tot he realtors you could write out to them yourself or through an attorney requesting the immediate take down of your personal information in the form of a take down demand letter.

You could sue for invasion of privacy, emotional distress , attorneys fees and court costs.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and get a credit when you leave positive feedback today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill