Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I a single male not a home back in 2012 met a woman also…

Customer Question
I a single male...

I a single male not a home back in 2012 met a woman also single / we became an “item”/. She had an investment in calif- close to my home that was to reward her $100,000 which was approx my equity at the time/ I have paid every penny that I have refurbishing , mortgage , furnishings taxes etc over the last 6 years/ I put her on the deed back in 2013 voluntarily as she made a promise to throw her investment in when she received it/ as it turned out her investment of $100,000 was a scam w/ no recourse for any kind of restitution in sight/ she hates these avoiders that put her into this mess/ hates men in general me included/she has never put up so much as a penny toward “our “ home ( she owns 2 rental homes in Seattle) makes$150 k a year as an IT PROJECT MGR/ I want to move on as the relationship is over/ I am 74 and do not want her to get any part of the equity should I die or want to sell/ she visits the property in the good weather months / goes back to Deattle or Van couver and make her money / I have given her fine tjhings she lives off me when she visits / she has offered nothing in return: I have been a fool a sucker basically used and abused/ I want out of this relationship/one way relationship- ihave been 2 nice of a guy my ? Is can I remove her from the deed without her signature or cooperation adorned like it was when I first “pu” her on the deed under calif law- my guess is I have spent most of my savings - approx $600k on maintaining my original purchase / we are both single and have never married than Lin you in advance *******

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I Amin the process of doing a re-finance/and of course if I take $ out she wants a big chunk

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a WA lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think I have summed it up / I would like to have her at least a couple States away as she is a bipolar alcoholic and that I JUST can’t deal with

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/23/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the question was mistaken in numbers/ could be my fault/I had $200,000 in equity as a single Man and she had 100,000 coming in supposedly and that investment failed so that being said she is a 50-50 partner she thinks but has never paid one cent into anything I feel like I am being held hostage with my own house to get her out another way she wants a payoff in Other words she wants a payoff to get her off the deed with absolutely no money put forward she doesn’t even cohabitate
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actually if someone wanted to call me I would be more than Agreeable
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Real Estate Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Are you still looking to speak with someone on the phone?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
phone call would be very helpful please call ASAP my phone number(###) ###-####
Real Estate Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 30 days ago

I can chat tomorrow morning. You can request a phone call tomorrow morning on your Just Answer page.

Tina, Lawyer