Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How do I go about finding out what property I own

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/22/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Some states have property records online. Where do you think you might own property?

here in poplar bluff

Thank you.

Butler County, Missouri does not appear to have searchable property records online. What you can do is visit the county recorder's office and look for any properties that show your name on them as Grantee. You'd also be able to search for properties you once owned that had been transferred to someone else. You could also try calling or emailing them to see if they'll look for you, or if they'll require you to visit their office personally.

http://butler.countyportal.net/departments.php?id=recorder

Any property you have ever owned in the area should come up with a search. It may help to search with only a last name in case for some reason the property shows initials rather than a full name.

Please rate my service positively, as this is the only way that I get paid for the time spent answering your questions. Thank you.

Real Estate Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago

Do you have any questions about this?