Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Me and a friend had bought a home for cash but I owe a line…

Me and a friend...

Me and a friend had bought a home for cash but I owe a line of credit and I can't pay it and I want to take my name off the deed can they still sue me for the house because I don't want my friend to go through this

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Gi

3/21/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The creditor can sue whoever is liable regardless of title. The debt needs to paid or settled or discharged in bankruptcy.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
my partner is not liable I owe another bank 30000. it's not fair to her .so if I take my name off the deed and give her to home
no
Only the person on the note and mortgage would be liable. If you owe the debt any transfer could be set aside and challenged by lender.
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks
no mortgage
there's no banknote for the house there's no mortgage
To the extent there is a debt it can be enforced as to debt or assets and transfers can be challenged.
Is that clear? If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
thank you
Very welcome.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer