Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If a house was left to someone and I am the executor of the…

Customer Question
If a house was...

If a house was left to someone and I am the executor of the will and that person will not communicate with me in any form .Does that mean the house will just sit there till it falls down

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The will and papers from the court naming me executor of the will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there anyway to take ownership of the house. Kirby didn't even show up for court to take ownership of the house.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. What does the will state will happen to estate assets if the person they are left to does not accept them? There should be a clause on the "All the rest, residue, and remainder"

There was nothing said about someone not accepting Several people were left money amounts and I was left the pink house and all other properties like The furnishing in the pink house bank account a car stuff like that but it did say all other items

Can you attach the will?

If a beneficiary will not accept an inheritance:

"First, no one is REQUIRED to accept an inheritance. Most heirs or beneficiaries are free to reject the bequest. When a beneficiary rejects a bequest it is technically, or legally, referred to as a "disclaimer." This is the legal equivalent of simply saying "I don't want it." One crucial rule about rejecting an inheritance is that the person who rejects the bequest cannot direct where it then goes. Legally, it will pass as if the person rejecting it died before you. Thus, who it passes to depends upon what your estate planning documents, such as a will, trust, or beneficiary form, say will happen if the primary named beneficiary is not living." https://uniqueestatelaw.com/lawyer/2015/02/16/Estate-Planning/What-Happens-If-Your-Heir-Doesnt-Want-What-You-Are-Giving_bl17155.htm

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.