Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Not sure if I am in the right place. My questions has to do…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, not sure...

Hi Pearl, not sure if I am in the right place. My questions has to do with putting in a written offer for a house. As the person who wants to buy do I always have to sign paperwork to submit a written offer or can my realtor submit a written offer on behalf if they have all my paperwork? Such as loan documentation.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have been approved for the loan and sent that to the realtor I am working with. I have also put in a written offer for a place before with the same realtor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

California. San Diego

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Yes, you personally have to sign all documents if you are wanting to submit an offer to purchase or anything like a loan application with the bank. A realtor is only there to help facilitate things, they aren't your power of attorney and can't legally sign things on your behalf.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a licensed Realtor for over 15 years...

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much