Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What can I do if I suspect my lease has been tampered with…

What can I do...

What can I do if I suspect my lease has been tampered with and the property manager wont produce the original paper copy?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Lakecrest in Denver

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just we are being bullied by new owners

3/21/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In order to have a claim against them, you would need to produce the proof of the tampering. This means you have to produce your copy of the lease or if you do not have one and the manager will not show you the original, you would need to sue for breach of lease and then force them to produce the original in court. Remember, the party alleging a breach of contract or altered contract has the legal obligation to produce the evidence of the contract that was altered.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.