Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is it true that you have to have a bathtub in your

Customer Question
Is it true that...

Is it true that you have to have a bathtub in your apartment. I just renovated and I replaced my tub with shower. I only have one bathroom in my do-op apt.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No. I was told I had to have a tub in NYC

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NY lawyer about this?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

This is not true. There is only a demand that the apartment have a bathroom, which includes a toilet and a shower. There is no "right" to a bathtub under NYC rules or NY State law.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

you just charged my account $45. you quoted $5 what gives? credit my account. Im calling my bank now to stop payment.
this is a scam and you gave me the wrong answer.

Ah, a billing issue. Experts such as myself only answer questions. We have
no access to your billing, nor do we know how much you are paying. The
site sets the price based on its critera and whatever is agreed, and that
can change depending on special offers, etc.
Please call 1-***-***-**** and customer service can help you with any
billing questions you may have - they are super friendly and eager to
please. Once you are ready to continue, simply reply on this thread we can go on
with the conversation.

Also my answer was correct; but please feel free to show if you have any proof otherwise so I can do better in the future.

No! I just call my bank and stopped payment. I also got a call back from an engineer I had contacted. you gave the wrong answer. how can you take advantage of people like this. what a scam.

With all due respect, an engineer is not versed in legal statutes. And you have not given me any local ordinance supporting your assertion. You may wish to check with an attorney face to face in NYC.

So my answer stands as is but you can do however you wish, of course.

Again, I am not in charge of billing, but I do understand that they have a $5 deposit on questions - this is perhaps what you are referring to?

Anyhow, all the best in your case.