Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I had a six acre piece of property with a 2933 sq ft house…

Customer Question
I had a six...

I had a six acre piece of property with a 2933 sq ft house for sale. I had a contract secured through Caldwell Banker in January. My neighbor took it upon himself to tell the clients that 4 of my six acres were not able to built on due to drainage easement issues. That information was incorrect. I went to the county to prove that 2.5 of the acres were drainage easement. Subsequently the deal was withdrawn. What are my legal rights for the deal being withdrawn?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

10848 Lake Forest Drive Conroe, TX 77384

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The original contract was for $375 K . I now have received no other offers. What recourse do I have?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You can consider a claim for tortious interference. I will outline some options.

A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Tina, Lawyer