Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Fire in a home that I was renting which burned a car and a…

Customer Question
Fire in a home...

Fire in a home that I was renting which burned a car and a small portion of our garage. insurance company will pay a portion and the home owners expect us to pay the rest. is that legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

homeowners wants us to sign a promissory note Marysville,wa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The homeowners don't carry insurance

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 1 month ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

so to be clear the rental policy secured by the tenant's is not covering all of the damage?
Is there a reason for this, or is it the deductible?
Does the lease require rental insurance?

Whose fault/negligence was the fire?

Tina, Lawyer