Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We have an adult daughter 27 who came home for a weekend and…

Hi, we have an...

Hi, we have an adult daughter 27 who came home for a weekend and stayed. It has been 6 months. She is 27. In that time we have asked her NOT to use our car, or our food. Make her own purchases ect without using our things. She has a great job and a good income but wants to live here for free. We have written up contracts which she ignores ect. We would like to know how to legally evict her? It has become very hostile.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the daughter taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?

No- we are here parents and want her to move out. She has an apartment but did not get along with her roommates and left.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is she in?

Massachusetts.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to give her a couple of weeks to move out and want to know a legal inappropriate way of doing this. thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

She is a month to month tenant as is any guest.You give her 30 days written notice and you can file to evict her under MA law.

Forms

https://eforms.com/rental/ma/massachusetts-termination-letter-form/

Court forms

Notice of Transfer to Housing Court - District Court (PDF 896.21 KB)

This form may not display properly in your browser. Please download the form and open it using Acrobat reader.

Open PDF file, 15.79 KB, for Summary Process Complaint (sample form) (PDF 15.79 KB)

I appreciate the chance to help you today, sorry this happened to you.

If you can positive rate5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** easy.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. We will take it from here. It has been a difficult situation and I appreciate your help.

You are so welcome have a great day,

Ray, Lawyer