Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need an about a contract for deed agreement in the state…

Customer Question
I need an about...

I need an about a contract for deed agreement in the state of missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have a house in missouri. There was a contract for deed with my wife and I as Grantor and a woman as grantee. She died 3/12/2018. The womans daughter moved in and her other daughter is claiming to be executer of her estate and claiming to have put the conract for deed into the estate to be executed by her. Sounds like a lot of garbage to me and I believe they should move the heck out until it is all settled. They are not either expressed or implied in the contract. How do i get them out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MO lawyer about this?

They are either too busy, too far away or too lame to help me.No attorney has looked at the contract to give me any direction and indicate it will be 2 to 4 weeks before they can.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in provo utah the property is in missouri

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You needs Missouri lawyer here to file for judicial foreclosure on the property and then eviction.I agree with you that they do not appear to have a valid legal claim.

Judicial foreclosure is a suit filed through the c courts awarding you clear title and you can then evict them.You will need a local lawyer where proeprty is located this is not something you can do yourself from distance.

Lawyer referral

Contact Information:

The Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service (LRS)
PO Box 119
326 Monroe
Jefferson City, MO###-##-####br />Website: http://www.mobar.org/lrs/clients.htm
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I believe since they are not a part of the contract then could be forced to vacate the property immediately.

You may be right but you need to go to foreclosure to reclaim title and evict them.There is no one to just evict hem and they don't appear to want to leave voluntarily.

The contract for deed clouds this, they have an ownership interest or the estate does and you would have to foreclose first and then evict under Missouri law.No way around a lawyer here.

Sorry no easy or quick way out of this.

This is a problem to sell property this way, it is not quick or cheap to get them out of it.

Reference--good article

https://styronblog.com/law/contracts-for-deed-will-they-ever-go-away/

The contract states in the event of default and any action that is instituted by seller to enforce their rights under this contract for deed , buyer agrees to pay costs and expenses for necessarily incurred in such enforcement , including attorney fees. So does that mean she has to pay you or some other attorney to represent me and remedy this. Looks like her estate has to foot bill. Am I right

You can file a creditor claim here for what you are owed including legal fees.Unless the deceased had assets they likely don't file for probate.They have become squatters and dug in.You will need lawyer to pursue this and seek legal fees and damages from the estate if there is one.