Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am on the mortgage to our home but not on the deed. how…

Customer Question
I am on the...

I am on the mortgage to our home but not on the deed. how can i get on deed

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Kalamazoo mi

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My partner and I bought a house. He is on the deed but I am not. He has decided to leave our arrangement and I want to keep the house so I need to be on the deed. What steps should I take?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. In a situation like this, parties will normally execute a quit claim deed, when someone wants to be added to property or property is to be transferred. It is always best to use an attorney to draft it and to make sure it is fully executed and proper but you can also use a third party site like legalzoom.com to get the document or contact your local counties recorders office. You just want to make sure that by doing this, it does not accelerate the loan or cause any issues with the mortgage.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.