Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was abandoned after 49 years of marriage. I don’t know…

Customer Question
I was abandoned after...

I was abandoned after 49 years of marriage. I don’t know where he went. What am I entitled to after all this time?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, have divorce papers here, waiting to be filled out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know how to proceed, and if I have any rights.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I am sorry this happened. You may pursue support, and distirbution of assets. Normally assets obtained during the marriage are split equally as a rought estimate. You will want to hire a divorce lawyer, and your spouse would be asked to cover those legal fees.

Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”