Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have section 8 in Columbia sc I lived in this residents…

Customer Question
I have section 8...

I have section 8 in Columbia sc I lived in this residents for 1 year now do I have to resign another year or do I can I do month to month

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No I haven't I have to sign lease end of this month

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a SC lawyer about this?

No I haven't how can I find one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just was wondering that

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

do I have to resign another year or do I can I do month to month

.

This depends on you and the landlord entirely... Sec 8 doesn't require a yearly lease to be re-signed, so it is up to the landlord about whether he wants a renewal lease each year and whether you as a tenant want to agree to re-sign one.

.

If neither of you wants to sign a renewal lease, then the tenancy would continue indefinitely as a month to month with either of you being able to terminate it with a written 30 day notice.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Lawyer