Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I owe a 3bedrooms unit in acondo.101991 basement flood took…

Customer Question
I owe a 3bedrooms...

I owe a 3bedrooms unit in acondo.101991 basement flood took place many items were damaged.The condo cashed the money from the insurance and did not oay.I raised the issue with the board.they offered me the use of a"made;s small room 'next to my apartment to use for srtorage(it included my late wife paintings)

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

After more than 25 ears the condo wants the room back to use it for a washer and dryer.2 issues in such case the peaceful enrtrance to my 7th floor apartment will nbe disturbed by aflow of users second what about the written agreements with the opprevious Boards

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the condo located?

None*****nw apt 7008

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks there is an unrelated issue I will mention it to him aflod in my apartment fue to converctor;s burst the whole condo had to change all the pipes yet the building refused to compensate me though I had an independent expert confirm thae source of the flood

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 27 days ago
On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Tina, Lawyer