Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am under contract to quicken for a va home loan and

Customer Question
I am under contract...

I am under contract to quicken for a va home loan and everything is going well, can i get out of the contract? Appraisal was above loan amount, no repairs were required from the appraisal.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We are near closing, contract in place, earnest money by me, appraisal complete. Lender currently working on title. I qualify for the loan amount and there are no obstacles at this time. I

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a VA lawyer about this?

How do I do this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am disabled due to mental illness but have never been involuntarily admitted inpatient since discharge from military

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Could you clarify?

I do not understand your statement about being under contract to Quicken.

Is Quicken the seller of the property that you are trying to purchase?

What does the default provision in your contract says as to the consequences of you backing out of the contract when you have mortgage commitment--a firm commitment to lend by the lender?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tina, Lawyer