Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My ex wife got the house in the divorce. The divorce papers…

My ex wife got...

My ex wife got the house in the divorce. The divorce papers state that she is liable for the mortgage, taxes and insurance. She did not put the mortgage in her name and left it in mine. The house is going into foreclosure. The bank will not work with her and are threatening to hold me liable for the house. Can they do that? Do they have to work with my ex wife?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your ex-wife taken so far? Has she prepared or filed any paperwork?

Yes, for a forebordince but they are telling her that I have to file.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

3102 jeanette wichita Kansas

3/20/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I see no basis for the bank threat where there is a court order holding that she is personally liable alone.

Does the bank have to work with her.

Yes, or enforce against her

I hope my replies are fast and acceptable. Please let me know by replying "acceptable" or "yes"

Thanks. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer