Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I purchased a van on craigslist and after I paid for it, I…

Customer Question
I purchased a van...

I purchased a van on craigslist and after I paid for it, I found out more info about the van, that the owner didn't tell me about, through the mechanic who the owner referred me too. The owner told me the van had sat for between 2 - 4 years, then I found out after talking to his mechanic the van could have sat 2, 4, 7 or 10 years - the owner didn't know how long it had sat - after telling me it had sat between 2 - 4 years - a big difference. I told the seller/owner that if the van sat 10 years (which is a big difference from what he originally told me) & that the van was in much worse shape than I was led to believe it was in and would take more work to fix up if it was repairable and I wanted my money back. The owner refunded my initial down payment of 300.00, but then called and said he was keeping 300.00, saying it was a deposit - he sent the balance back to me minus 300.00 - he NEVER stated anything or at anytime that the down payment was non refundable - Can I get the balance of my 300.00 plus the 9.00 i lost on Paypal back???

Lawyer's Assistant: You can email***@******.***. JustAnswer is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if our Customer Care team can't address your issue, and it's been 30 days or less since you paid to ask your question, they will refund your money.

Why do I have to pay to ask a question??????

Lawyer's Assistant: When did you last update PayPal?

I sent the 300.00 down payment through paypal, but paid the balance due on the van of 1700.00 by check through the mail - the owner returned the 300.00 through paypal (which was 291.00) but kept the 300.00 from the balance he owned me in a check he sent me..

Lawyer's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your PayPal?

Is there a number I can call to talk to someone - the only money sent through paypal was 300 not the total 2000.00 which I paid for the van??

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No but is there a phone number I can call - might be easier?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/20/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

we can discuss on the phone now.