Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I currently live in a apt complex. when i moved in, in

I currently live in...

I currently live in a apt complex. when i moved in , in 08/2017 i didnt have faucets in thre tub or a shower head. the bathroom ceiling was open and cracked.there was water leaking from the upstairs apt above me. per their contract they are supposed to fix the water damage. they didnt they just patched it up. i fell in their parking lot after the last storm we had. they stated that it was plowed, which was true, but they didnt salt the parking lot after. i have pictures and documents. i want to get out the lease asap. their not holding up their part of the lease. they said i could do a buy out which is to pay 2 months up front and still pay rent until i moved out.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

The management their is giving me the run around. i gave them my written notice as they asked for in writing. i have been emmailing the property manager and assist mang. i have gotten nowhere.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Sherwood crossing on morel ave in phila

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is the basis of it . i can explain in more detail over phone.

3/20/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what can I answer for you?

i want to know if i can break the lease based on the info i gave you. because their not upholding their part of the lease. EX; water leak i ceiling. they were supposed to treat the ceiling for mold due to water in ceiling and they didnt they just patched it up twice.

Yes you can. You have not been given quiet enjoyment and warranty of habitability is breached.

If the reply is acceptable, please reply "acceptable"

ok thank you. should i get a lawyer to contact them? because they are not trying to let me out , they are saying i need to pay two months up front plus the 60 day notice to move out and continue to pay my rent.

absolutely, as it should help secure a settlement or otherwise protect your position.

Infolawyer, Lawyer
whats the steps to that? cost?

Having a lawyer call should not be expensive at all. avvo.com is a good resource.

Ok thank you .

good luck