Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In Colorado I signed a mineral deed but was never paid for…

Customer Question
Hello, in Colorado I...

Hello, in Colorado I signed a mineral deed but was never paid for my sale of these minerals, can I rescind that deed?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No just told them I was going to rescind as they never paid me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CO lawyer about this?

I live in Wyoming, my atty here said I needed a Colorado atty, am in the process of retaining one. I just feel this is fraud and thought maybe someone at justanswer could tell me yes it is or not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much does this cost

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Real Estate Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I was wondering if there was case law against filing a deed before payment has been made

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/20/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Unfortunately no, you can't rescind a deed that was validly entered into and transferred the mineral rights to the grantee. Your recourse her is to sue them for breach of contract if they have failed to pay you the agreed on price for the mineral rights.

.

So this is a straight breach of contract action here where you sue them for damages and potentially punitive damages if you can prove that they engaged in fraud and never intended to pay you...

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Very fast response

That is what we shoot for... Did you have any other questions I can help with?

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer