Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Monday morning I went to the office of the apartment and…

Monday morning I went to...
Monday morning I went to the office of the apartment and they have me sgin an application like I was just trying to get an apartment but I been in the apartment for four years now the new managers had me to do that me and my wife stayed in the same apartment 8 years and she stayed 2 before then
3/20/2018
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

So is it just you in the apartment?

it is now but I don't know what going to be mine after they get though
Thank you. Based upon what you shared it would appear they want you to sign a new lease solely in your name. If the old lease expired and you have been renting month to month and only you live there, they want you to sign a lease and be be the sole occupant if you and your wife are no longer together.
Okay that what I was thinking so if they can put me out if they want to right
If there is no lease and you rent month to month they could terminate the tenancy with the proper notice and you would need to vacate. However if they are asking you to come in and sign some paperwork I would assume it is a lease agreement.
Thank you again and please let me know if there is anything else. If not I kindly just ask that you ate my help at the top at this time. Thank you again.
RealEstateAnswer
Thank you for your help at this time I will be letting you know what happened
My pleasure and you are welcome.
Thank you for the help you help real good I am fine I am finish now thanks

My pleasure and you are welcome