Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Does Utah grant allodial title? My son is trying to put my…

Customer Question
Does Utah grant allodial...

Does Utah grant allodial title? My son is trying to put my property in his name via that procedure. DOes he have a chance?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

None--I have copies of his threats is all.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a UT lawyer about this?

Yes, the same who put my property into a trust and my husband's (now deceased)( property in a trust to me. He says alloidial titles don't exist any more.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that the son is angry with me so there can be no cooperation on that front.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/20/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

I am sorry that your son is unhappy with you. There is a great deal of confusion with regard to Allodial title.

Essentially if you have a land patent you have what was known as Allodial Title. You would provide a legal description to the Bureau of Land Management and ask them to check the land patent records. Please give me a few moments to provide the link.

You can run a search at this link https://glorecords.blm.gov/search/default.aspx

While Allodial Title does no longer is granted in the United States you could have a land patent which is essentially the same thing. https://www.sapling.com/8696537/method-obtain-allodial-title-property

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

The Attorneys do not receive credit for our work if the customer does not rate our service positively. Thank you for your consideration.