Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Loren, Lawyer

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
Does a child support judgement follow a property through a
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Does a child support judgement follow a property through a pasco county, Florida foreclosure auction and if it does are the new owners responsible for just the judgment amount or are they also respons… read more
I was told that for a Georgia HOA letter, the HOA letter
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Hi -- I was told that for a Georgia HOA letter, the HOA letter cost was capped by a law. Something like $35 or something like that. But I know the cost for the letters that closing attorneys must orde… read more
Around 9 years ago I bought a single family home in close
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Around 9 years ago I bought a single family home in close proximity to condominiums. Months late I found out I was part of the condominium associations and should have been paying fees. Can a single f… read more
We have 3 condo's that owe past HOA dues. the homeowners are
Law Educator, Esq., real estate lawyer
We have 3 condo's that owe past HOA dues. the homeowners are still living in their home and are$5600.00 behind in their dues. The 2 others are in various stages of foreclosure. 1 going to auction next… read more
My wife and I recently bought a property in West Palm Beach,
socrateaser, real estate lawyer
My wife and I recently bought a property in West Palm Beach, Florida through a foreclosure auction (foreclosed by first lien holder) for around $220k. A few days after the purchase we were informed by… read more
My husband and I own a condominium in Fort Myers, FL. We have
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My husband and I own a condominium in Fort Myers, FL. We have tenant living there currently. They had put us in foreclosure the end of 2011. We made the HOA fees up to date and paid the outrageous leg… read more
Hello. I previously asked a question on JustAnswer and was
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Doctoral Degree
Hello. I previously asked a question on JustAnswer and was given two completely different responses (below). Which is correct and how would I go about verifying this information? FYI, the property sol… read more
In Florida, if a condominium unit owner walks away from a unit
Ray, Lawyer
In Florida, if a condominium unit owner walks away from a unit that is underwater and the bank forecloses on the property, the bank only has to pay 12 months worth of back condo fees or 1% of the orig… read more
In the state of Florida if you purchase a home/condo out of
Barrister, Lawyer
In the state of Florida if you purchase a home/condo out of foreclosure, on the court house steps, and the previous owner did not pay his HOA dues for the last 3 years. are you resposible for all the … read more
Condo Association foreclosed subject to Mortgage. The amount
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
Condo Association foreclosed subject to Mortgage. The amount owed to them was $60K. Now the Lender is foreclosing. Will the highest bidder forced to pay the unpaid dues back to the association, or it … read more
I am a private investor who buys about one or two houses per
David L
David L, Doctoral Degree
I am a private investor who buys about one or two houses per month at foreclosure auctions in Central Florida. I am getting killed with bogus fees, high interest, overbilling and what I would consider… read more
Will an HOA lien on a property follow the property (such as
A-LEGAL-MIND
A-LEGAL-MIND, Attorney
Will an HOA lien on a property follow the property (such as a tax lien) or is there personal liability incurred?… read more
In a short sale, who is responsible, in the state of Missouri,
Loren, Lawyer
In a short sale, who is responsible, in the state of Missouri, to pay deliquent HOA dues. Chase bank says they will not but the condo board will not forgive any fees as they have collected all in the … read more
I held back my $100 and the management company told me I will
Law Educator, Esq., real estate lawyer
I held back my $100 and the management company told me I will have to pay late charges (even though I told them 30 days before payment was due I was going to hold back $100 until the lawn is fix) and … read more
i bought a property at a foreclosure sale in miami-dade county.
OntiveroLaw
OntiveroLaw, Partner
i bought a property at a foreclosure sale in miami-dade county. the HOA fees had not been paid for 2 years, but the association never filed a lien .the association was named in the action by the bank … read more
I have a condo in michigan with a mortgage on it and have never
Barrister, Lawyer
I have a condo in michigan with a mortgage on it and have never been late on the mortgage, but the mortage is more than the property is worth. My condo association has assessed a 13,000.00 special ass… read more
Our bankruptcy was discharged in April 2009; we were unable
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
Our bankruptcy was discharged in April 2009; we were unable to get a loan modification so we began foreclosure on our primary residence (which the debt was discharged in our bk). A Trustee's Sale took… read more
I was wondering what options the HOA and first lien holder
socrateaser, real estate lawyer
I was wondering what options the HOA and first lien holder can take against me regarding a foreclosed property. I had a condo in NMB, SC which the HOA foreclosed on for nonpayment of a very large asse… read more