Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I recently purchased a for sale by owner property. The

I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a for sale by owner property. The purchase was for 2.79 acres and a mobile home. There was no contract drawn up just a verbal agreement. Now that I have paid the property off he is trying to change the property lines when I have recipts showing I have paid the taxes on the full lot for 7 years. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I don’t even know where to start or what rights I have.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the mobile home located?

16049 fm 2276n Kilgore, tx 75662

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ma’am

3/19/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Did the seller provide you with a deed/title to the real property?

He has not yet provided the deed or title just a recipt saying paid in full then he had a survey team come out to survey the property the surveyor marked the original property line and where the seller wants to move the new lines.
I would not be able to pay for the call until this coming Thursday when I get paid.

Please ignore the telephone call request. The site generates the request.

You are going to need to file an injunction against him to stop him from moving property lines and demand the deed.

How do I go about filing an injunction

Please give me a few moments to provide a link that sets out the process. Ideally it would be best to have a local Attorney assist you. I will also provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in the area as well as legal aid assistance and pro bono Attorneys.

Can i demand the deed if he has not transferred it into my name yet

Since you fulfilled payment in full you have every right to the deed.

Legal Aid and Pro Bono Attorneys:

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/real-estate-law/texas/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/real-estate-law/texas/kilgore

Thank you very much.

I have more for you.

Ok

This is a sample of what you would file. https://www.uslegalforms.com/us/US-01130BG.htm

Real estate contracts should be in writing. We do not want this seller to get away with this. Please consult a local Attorney

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars? Thank you for your consideration.
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Thank you.

I met with the seller today and he refused to produce the deed and told my to go f*** myself he’s the seller he can do whatever he wants
Please contact a local attorney. He cannot do whatever he wants.
I am needing the applicable statute that requires a seller to provide deed and title. Also, the statute that it is illegal to change property lines

The issue is that you did not have a real estate contract in writing. Real estate transactions are governed by contract law and NOT by statute. You stated that you had a verbal agreement that would provide you with title/deed of certain property lines upon payment in full of your verbal contract. If the seller does not agree you will need show that in fact a contract existed and that you made payment in full. This is not statutory law, this is common law. You will need an Attorney to assist you.

Thank you again that’s my issue finding a lawyer to represent me

I know these are not easy cases. Go outside of your local area to find someone that can assist you.

His attorney contacted me today about preparing the deed.
Great.
Also found me an attorney thank you for all your help.
You are welcome.